General contracting, often referred to as a traditional delivery system, allows the owner to engage with the architect/engineer to prepare the design of the entire project. Upon design completion, the project scope is competitively bid to a construction firm for a fixed lump sum. This approach is most ideally suited for straightforward projects with well-established and clearly defined roles for every member of the project team and is typically not the best solution for complex, phased, or highly-invasive projects.
Our responsibilities when serving as the General Contractor include:
- Providing all materials, labor, equipment and services.
- Subcontracting with various trade and specialty contractors.
- Applying for or assisting in the application process for building permits.
- Monitoring schedule and cash flow.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Ensuring a safe and secure project site.
- Regardless of the project scope, we take your vision and make it reality.